Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3: tower building and a little more.

Pin It
Today's challenge was to make a mess and play and take 15 minute of uninterrupted time just to be with them and give them full attention. So to me that means no pictures, phone, music or tv. So I have no pictures of our awesome towers we built.

But we did make a huge mess and got some cars to crash into them. We practiced our colors and counting. And it was a nice 15 minutes of just mommy and me time. I enjoyed it and plan to make this more of a routine.

We also did a few crafts today. It's been a cold and icky day so we stayed in, ( I can already tell this winter is going to be hard ) something Little G hates to do. So we did a foam turkey and owl craft. Talked about the colors and counted the pieces. Talked about what each piece was, such as eyes, nose, wings and ect.

What do you like to do with your kids on days that your stuck inside? And how did your day 3 challenge go?

4 comments:

  1. I love it, those are too cute. Me and lucas messed with our legos & blocks. you should still take pictures, Lucas loves when i do that. Oh and everytime he got something built big and i went to go snap a picture, he would knock them downbefore i got a picture, Today was fun.

    Its been raining here all day too, but we are use to being inside all day long, since we are in the condo and have no back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled you have started a blog and will be doing this challenge along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori -- we have a huge backyard and a decent front yard and we lived out there all spring // summer. So switching from being out all day to staying in is taking its toll on both of us. He would play outside in freezing weather in a snow storm if I would let him lol

    And I'll try to snap a few pictures here and there Gavin doesn't care if I do but he would much rather me play. Lol he takes my phone out of my hand and puts a toy in it instead. Like okay mom you got a Picture now let play! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna -- in excited to do it with you and all the other parents. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete