Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9: sensory bin play

Pin It
Today of the challenge was sensory bin exploration. I decided it was a good time to try something I saw on play at home mom on Facebook. Her son calls it clean clouds.

First you take a bar of ivory soap and nuke it in the microwave for a minute. We still had a little bar left so did it for another minute. Then you take some toilet paper and tear it and add to the now puffy soap. Then add water and mush together with hands.

We added cups for scooping and some homemade water colors in spray bottle for added fun. A few cut up straws and other items to mix in.

This was a great sensory experience. The smells were clean and it was squishy and mushy. Easy to get messy in :))

3 comments:

  1. OOoo it feels gorgeous doesn't it?! We made some sparkly "soap mud" in the summer. It was a nightmare to clean up but seriously good fun! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could nuke a bar of ivory soap everyday just for the fun of it...with or without my toddler! She wasn't interested in the toilet paper idea, but what she LOVED was shedding the soap, adding food coloring (she is obsessed with those little bottles), warm water, and mixing it all with a whisk (another favorite of hers). She let mommy have a turn or two with that whisk, and it became this great, fun foam, which she then proceeded to "paint" my very patient and sainted dogs with, as well as a good part of our deck. Everyone got thoroughly hosed down when we done...and everyone, dogs included, smelled great afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJN -- yes i was in love with the smell! Made my house so clean after. I also love shaving cream for the same reason. My son was a little unsure about touching it with his hands at first but after about an hour he was all over it. We left it out all day do he could return. Whisking it and making paintings sounds amazing! I'll have to try that with little g next time. :)

    ReplyDelete