Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Salad spinner art

Pin It
This was our first time doing salad spinner art. I have always seen it and wanted to do it but couldn't bring myself to spend 15-20$ on a new salad spinner just for art. But when wandering Ikea, I found one for 3$! So it was a must! We tried it today with not much success. I guess you need watered down paint and to be very generous with it. So after trial and error this is what we got. Tomorrow I think we will cut them into Easter eggs and hang them or something :)

Have you done salad spinner art? Any tips!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I have not tried salad spinner art, for the same reason you mentioned. It costs too much for a salad spinner. But for $3, I will have to check IKEA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say in all honesty. That is one of my top 5 favorite stores that I can not leave without spending $$ lol :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. They still look great! I've wanted to do this too but like you I wasn't sure about using our kitchen salad spinner. Thanks for the ikea tip. Debs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look gorgeous - it is one of the most fun art things, I love the way it seems like magic to a young child.

    ReplyDelete