Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Yo Ho Ho, Ahoy, me Hearties!

Pin It
Ahoy, me Hearties!

 Today was talk like a pirate day so we decided to get in character by making some pirate crafts. First we did a pirate hat out of newspaper, little g decided that he needed bones on it because he was the captain, so he took some black paint and we used some cut outs as the stencil.


We also made a beard, because well, have you ever seen a beardless pirate? didn't think so, point made. Therefore we made a beard out of black construction paper. First I cut out the beard shape and then little g got to take control of cutting to practice and cut strips to curl around a pencil, then gluing it on the beard to give it more of a scraggly look.




Last but not least we made a parrot, because in every pirate movie or show the captain has a parrot. We took a toilet paper roll and wrapped it in yellow paper. Next I cut out some feathers and made little feet for little g to place where he felt they needed to go to make his new co-captain. He turned into quite the colorful little guy. 




Godspeed! And Good Night!






What did you end up doing for talk like a pirate day? Would love to hear all about it ;)

14 comments:

  1. Ok, we completely missed it. It may have something to do with the fact that I have 3 girls who don't have the slightest interest in pirates. Your son looks like he had a blast. ARRRR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I would have missed it to if I wouldn't have heard on the radio on the way to a play date. :)

      Delete
  2. My daughter celebrated :) and of course we always love pirate books or movie fun too! I love the hat in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the parrot! Great activities. My boys would love to do these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should defently do them! They are a balst and so easy! :)

      Delete
  4. This is precious - or piratey. Yo ho ho Arrrr. Looks like a lot of fun for not much money. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) it didn't cost us a dime. Had all the items already :)

      Delete
  5. I love the parrot! That would be fun for a Pirate birthday craft. Now following you :) Hope to see you at True Aim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you back! :) thanks for stopping by. Would love to see someone do them as a craft for their kids. Just sharing the inspiration :)

      Delete
  6. The parrot is super cute. My kid would love the beard too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hat was little g's favorite. Beard was too "itchy" but super cute. And he liked makin the parrot talk. I should have made it a puppet lol

      Delete